Even a silly pair of shorts, as I shared in yesterday’s post.
Who or what are we listening to regarding our status, our worth, our image, and who we are?
- Others’ opinions of us?
- Circumstances and situations?
- The scale in the bathroom?
- The mirror?
- What our parents said about us?
- Our grades?
- Our accomplishments or failures?
- The car we drive or the things we own?
- The size of our house?
- Our attitude?
- The little voice in our own head?
Why do we allow these things to have any sort of influence in our lives?? Not one of them truly reflects who we are. Not. One.
What truly matters is who we are in God’s eyes, and what God says about us.
After searching and studying scriptures, I came up with a personal list of who God says we are in Him. May it bless your heart today.
25 Things God Says You Are
- You are chosen, holy and dearly loved. (Colossians 3:12)
- You are fearfully and wonderfully made. (Psalm 139:13-14)
- You are set apart. (Jeremiah 1:5)
- You are worthy. (Matthew 10:29-31)
- You are made in God’s image. (Genesis 1:26-27)
- You are God’s offspring. (Acts 17:28)
- You are God’s handiwork. (Ephesians 2:10)
- You are not alone. (Deuteronomy 31:8)
- You are gifted. (1 Peter 4:10)
- You are loved. (John 3:16)
- You are saved. (John 5:24) (Romans 10:9)
- You are secure. (John 10:27-28)
- You are justified. (Romans 5:1)
- You are provided for. (Matthew 6:31-33)
- You are forgiven. (1 John 1:9)
- You are reconciled. (Colossians 1:21-22)
- You are Jesus’ friend. (John 15:15)
- You are no longer condemned. (Romans 8:1)
- You are a new creation. (2 Corinthians 5:17)
- You are holy. (Hebrews 10:10)
- You are free. (Galatians 5:13)
- You are a temple of the Holy Spirit. (1 Corinthians 6:19-20)
- You are favored and honored. (Psalm 84:11)
- You are blessed. (Deuteronomy 16:15)
- You are God’s treasured possession. (Deuteronomy 7:6)
Remember these truths the next time someone or something tries to tell you who you are. Which one particularly stands out to you today? Feel free to add any other favorites below!
Rejoicing in the truth of God’s Word,
Get posts delivered to your inbox!
Your information is safe with me and will never be shared.