Am I the only one who could use a little help every now and then on how to be a more positive person? Because some days I’m just not. I want to be, but some days I’m a “Negative Nellie.” (No offense to any Nellies!) Some days I let the dippy stuff of life affect my attitude, which then affects my entire life.
Can you relate at all?
Oh my, yes. Just last weekend I could have used some help. This experience will be a podcast episode in the future, but for now, the highlighted version is this: my phone’s screen displayed the black screen of death on Sunday and my attitude soon matched it. It was ugly… the screen and my attitude.
It was not the attitude I wish I would have had.
After all, this week’s Encouragement for Real Life podcast episode is all about being a positive person in a negative world. I should have listened to it again on Sunday (I had pre-recorded it). So, I understand how quickly our attitudes can turn from positive to negative in just one quick moment.
In case I’m not the only one who could use a little assistance in being a more positive person, I’m sharing my list of 25 simple ways I came up with for how I can be a more positive person. If you can benefit from this list, feel free to use any and all you wish. After all, positivity is contagious, right? Our positive attitudes can influence each other. That’s always a good thing!
25 Simple Ways to Be a More Positive Person
- Smile, even when you don’t feel like it.
- Choose to look at the bright side.
- Take a walk outdoors.
- Read your Bible, or a devotional, or something inspiring.
- Think kind thoughts about yourself, others, the situation, or the circumstance.
- Only say words that are uplifting and encouraging.
- Give people the benefit of the doubt.
- Trust God when there’s a problem.
- Try to see the good in every situation.
- Instead of thinking “what could go wrong?”, think “what could go right?”
- Believe the best in yourself and others.
- Start the day positive, reading a devotional, your Bible, or say a prayer.
- Hang around with positive people.
- Turn off the news.
- Make a list of positive things (or blessings) in your life.
- When a negative thought comes in your mind, ask yourself what you would rather think.
- Thank God for bringing good out of every circumstance, even if you can’t see it yet.
- Recount all the many ways God has been faithful in your life.
- Ask God to help you be more positive.
- Write out anything that’s bothering you. Get it out on paper.
- Pray about everything.
- Seek the help of a trained Christian counselor or therapist if needed. (This can be so very helpful!)
- Do something that brings you joy.
- Remind yourself as often as possible how much God loves you.
What should we add to this list?
Share in the comments below. Then pick a couple for today. Maybe do another one tomorrow.
Anyone can be negative, but it takes effort to remain positive. Sometimes it takes more effort than other times, but the effort is definitely worth it! Life is much more joyful and uplifting when we are more positive than more negative, right?
If you haven’t listed to this week’s podcast episode yet, How to Be a Positive Person in a Negative World, I invite you to do so. I believe you’ll be encouraged and inspired to continue to be the positive person you are.
Thank you for being here. Have a blessed, abundant, positive, and uplifting day!
Looking for more?
Enter your email to instantly access my FREE RESOURCES - exclusively for my readers!
Your information is safe with me and will never be shared.