The last few weeks have been filled with much stress…I haven’t even been able to think in great detail about the things that I’m thankful for this month of Thanksgiving, like I’m seeing many of my friends doing on Facebook. I’m changing all of that tonight.
If you’ve read any of my posts, you know where I stand in my Christian faith. I make it pretty obvious that I believe God is sovereign and in control of all things. With what I’ve experienced these last couple of weeks, I can’t help but believe God has allowed it all to happen for reasons beyond what I know now.
But what I do know is that God is for me and not against me (Romans 8:28). And I’ve seen what He has done for me personally in these last two weeks. God is teaching me, He’s protecting me, He’s drawing me close to Him, and reminding me what’s important. He’s taught me who I can trust and who I shouldn’t. He’s allowed me to see the ugliness of vengeance, and yet through His grace, I can forgive without having to be asked for forgiveness. And He’s also reminded me my relationship with Him and those dear to me are of utmost importance. He’s asking me to make changes, and I’m following His leading. He’s opened my eyes to more than I ever imagined in such a short time. I’m oh, so thankful.
So, as I set all of the stress aside, (and I plan to not pick it up again) what am I thankful for this Sunday night? I’m happy to tell you…
- How much I’m loved by my Creator.
- Jesus paying the penalty of my sin so I can live with Him forever.
- My incredible husband and my wonderful children.
- Sitting with my son once again this Sunday in our living room watching football.
- My amazing girlfriends who have prayed me through so many times in my life, especially the last few weeks.
- My brothers, sisters-in-law, nieces, nephews, in-laws, cousins, aunts, uncles, grandmother. How blessed I am with them in my life!
- My health and health of family members.
- Working vehicles, a warm, love- and peace-filled home.
- Bible Study Fellowship and the women I have in my life through this study.
- The incredible legacy left by my father and mother.
- And I can even be thankful for what I’ve experienced the last few weeks, because I know God is in it all.
There’s more to this list, but I’ll add them at another time.
It’s good to take time to write down what you’re thankful for…and if you’ve experienced some stress like I have recently, it’s even more important to do so! 🙂
God bless you on this Sunday!
Looking for more?
Enter your email to instantly access my FREE RESOURCES - exclusively for my readers!
Your information is safe with me and will never be shared.