Even when we are disheartened (like I am tonight), or maybe not feeling “on top of the world,” we can still (and should) be thankful. 1 Thessalonians 5:17 says, “…give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” So I am choosing to be thankful tonight.
I thank God today for the little things I experienced today:
– my children’s smiles
– my husband’s humor and laugh
– every person at Mission of Hope today
– we had enough casserole to feed everyone at Mission of Hope today, and a roaster pan full left over!
– my physical therapist and how she is helping my foot
– time at Panera Bread with my children and Ali’s friends after school
– plans for next week starting to come together
– being able to get my workout in tonight, even though I had to force myself 🙂
– our warm home, our warm vehicles, and our warm clothing
– our lone kitty outside who made us all laugh tonight with how she was acting on the back deck 🙂
– the love of family
I think it’s good to make a list every night before bed of what we are thankful for. It helps me close down my today, and to give God the glory for it all. I am very thankful tonight!
Thanks for stopping by.
I’d love to hear from you!