Life can feel a bit uncertain these days. Right? Finding our way through this pandemic, facing the ugliness of the upcoming national election, digging out from devastating natural disasters, reading headlines that are filled with uncertainty, and wondering some days what’s next?
In yesterday’s post we discussed the importance of holding on to what we know when we face uncertain times.
“We return to and stand on our foundation, on what supports us, on the understructure of who we are and what we believe. It’s there we get our stability and our ability to keep a right perspective. It’s there where we put the fear of uncertainty behind us, and it’s there where we can begin to put one foot in front of the other and move forward.”From yesterday’s post, In These Uncertain Times Hold Onto What You Know
I promised in today’s post I would share Bible verses we can cling to in times that are uncertain. I pray these verses help you find your footing in these uncertain times and encourage your heart.
9 Promising Bible Verses When Life Is Uncertain
- Since God cares for you, let Him carry all your burdens and worries. 1 Peter 5:7 (VOICE)
- God, you’re such a safe and powerful place to find refuge! You’re a proven help in time of trouble— more than enough and always available whenever I need you. Psalm 46:1 (TPT)
- The Lord gives strength to his people and blesses them with peace. Psalm 29:11 (GNT)
- Do not yield to fear, for I am always near. Never turn your gaze from me, for I am your faithful God. I will infuse you with my strength and help you in every situation. I will hold you firmly with my victorious right hand. Isaiah 41:10 (TPT)
- Be strong. Take courage. Don’t be intimidated. Don’t give them a second thought because God, your God, is striding ahead of you. He’s right there with you. He won’t let you down; he won’t leave you. Deuteronomy 31:6 (MSG)
- Give all your cares to the Lord and He will give you strength. He will never let those who are right with Him be shaken. Psalm 55:2 (NLV)
- Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life. Philippians 4:6-7 (MSG)
- Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God’s voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he’s the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:5-6 (MSG)
- When I am afraid, I will trust you. Psalm 56:3 (NCV)
The promises in these verses bring calm and peace in times like these.
So, friend, which verses did I miss? What verse has blessed you recently in this season? How has it helped and encouraged you? Feel free to share it below.
Which verse above speaks to your heart the most? I encourage you to write it down, ponder it, pray it, and share it to encourage another.
When life feels uncertain, it helps to turn our gaze from our circumstances to our God and His truths. Because life isn’t uncertain when it comes to God. He is fully in control and with us at all times. What beautiful promises He gives us to cling to!
So, even when life feels uncertain, we can rest in God’s promises of truth and hope.
Stay encouraged today, friend. God is with us!
Looking for more?
Enter your email to instantly access my FREE RESOURCES - exclusively for my readers!
Your information is safe with me and will never be shared.
Thank you for sharing these verses! They were such an encouragement to my heart this morning!
Hi Annie! So glad these verses encouraged you. They did me, too! God’s Word is always the best encouragement, isn’t it? God bless you today. Thanks for stopping by!