I love getting to know people better! I also love it when others share things about themselves that I may not know.
Here’s my 25 things you may not know about me:
1. I have never attended a high school football game. (Gasp!! I know… ridiculous, huh?!) I enjoy watching NFL football every Sunday with my son.
2. I played in all sports my high school offered for girls… track, softball, volleyball and basketball, and earned a varsity letter in all of them. I was a tomboy!
3. I pitched three no-hitters in softball my Junior year. (That one was for my brother Pat. He pitched one.)
4. I met my husband right before he shot water in my face with a squirt gun, followed by me tossing a glass of water in his face. (Love a first sight???)
5. I hate to admit it, but I was a rebellious teenager, and did my share of things my parents wouldn’t have been proud of. (I won’t go into any detail!)
8. I love to sing! I sing for weddings, funerals, worship, and was once in a Christian rock band. I even have sung the National Anthem before a minor-league baseball game!
9. In high school I was part of a KISS airband for our English class… face paint and all! I was Paul Stanley (the one with the black star around his eye). No judging allowed! I was 18 and rebellious. Can you tell??
11. French fries or chocolate chip cookies/bars are my all-time favorite food splurges. Both can be dangerous for me if I let myself go!
13. There were 27 students in my high school graduating class! Yes, 27!!
14. I have a great awe and appreciation for sunrises and sunsets.
16. My favorite place to relax is the beach. Favorite beach? Pensacola Beach.
17. My favorite time of day is mid-morning.
18. One of my biggest pet-peeves is receiving Christmas gifts for my birthday, or birthday presents in Christmas wrapping. (My birthday is close to Christmas.)
19. My name was supposed to be Margaret, but my mother decided to break the string of Margarets. She was named Margaret, her mother was, her grandmother was, and her great-grandmother was. I can’t picture me named Margaret.
20. I am a terrible artist…my children used to say my cows looked like pigs and my pigs looked like cats! I’m much better at stick people!
21. I never go to bed with my makeup on. Never.
22. I cringe when I hear the Lord’s name used inappropriately.
24. One of my favorite things is the refreshing smell and feeling of freshly-laundered bed sheets. It takes me back to my childhood when mom would wash our sheets and hang them outside on the clothesline to dry. How great they would smell and feel crawling into them that night!
25. I fell in love with Jesus the week before I fell in love with Bill in 1991.
It’s fun to quiz the people in your life to see how well you know them!
After this, I might need to break out the KISS video again to have a good laugh!
Have some fun with this. I sure did!
This post was updated from an original post I wrote in 2009. I found it comical to see how some things had changed in five years! A true #tbt!
Looking for more?
Enter your email to instantly access my FREE RESOURCES - exclusively for my readers!
Your information is safe with me and will never be shared.