Some of us who are reading this are married, and some of us are not.
Some of us have lost our spouses. Some of us have never married. And for some of us, marriage didn’t work turn out like we hoped.
Some of us have been married for many, many years. Some of us are newlyweds, and some of us are somewhere in the middle.
My husband and I just celebrated our 22nd wedding anniversary in August. I guess we’re considered “somewhere in the middle.”
Year seven was a tough year for us. I didn’t think our marriage would see year eight. Long story short, we worked through that extremely difficult time, and thanks to God’s leading, we kept our eyes and our marriage focused on Him.
But, it was the toughest thing I’ve ever walked through.
I’m thankful we’ve made it to year twenty-two!
I am far from the perfect spouse. There probably isn’t such a person, but I’d sure like to get a little nearer to that description.
Daily I try to bless my husband. However, some days I am selfish and grumpy, and blessing Bill is the last thing I feel like doing.
(Am I the only one??)
Just for fun, Bill and I came up with a list of ways to bless and show love to your spouse. (I love lists. Can you tell??)
If this list doesn’t benefit you, maybe you can pass it on to a friend. I wish I would have had something like this in year seven! It’s good to keep in front of us, as it’s always a good idea to bless our spouse.
17 Ways To Bless & Show Love To Your Spouse
1. Make your spouse and his/her needs a priority.
2. Speak his/her Love Language (more on this coming tomorrow).
3. Spend time together.
4. Realize it’s not always worth it to be “right.”
5. Hold his/her hand.
6. Look him/her in the eye and have a meaningful conversation.
7. Greet him/her at the door.
8. Plan a date. (I love surprise dates!)
9. Do something unexpected that brings him/her joy.
10. Pray for and with your spouse.
11. Give your spouse a sincere compliment.
12. Always look for the good in your spouse.
13. Build him/her up in front of others every now and then.
14. Forgive and don’t hold grudges.
15. Do something that he/she enjoys doing together, even if it’s not your favorite thing.
16. Write your spouse a love letter.
17. Remind your spouse why you married him/her and why you would marry him/her again today.
What would you add to this list? I’d love to read your ideas!
Pick one today to bless your spouse. What if we did one every day? Imagine how blessed our marriages would be!
I pray this series, 31 Days Of Loving God & Loving Others, is encouraging you in ways to love God and love others in every day life. Today is Day 19. I look forward to the days ahead with you!
Looking for more?
Enter your email to instantly access my FREE RESOURCES - exclusively for my readers!
Your information is safe with me and will never be shared.