Two weeks ago we celebrated a milestone on the podcast: 100 episodes! To continue celebrating this milestone, we are reaching back into the archives this week to one of the most popular and most played episodes out of these 100: episode number 4, originally titled Living Overwhelmed? If So, This Is For You. It’s no wonder this episode has been played a lot, because I believe many women, just like you and me, may be in a state of living overwhelmed. Thankfully, we have hope to overcome this! For next two weeks, I will also be highlighting a popular past episode. I pray these encourage your heart and add a lift to your step. If life is overwhelming, let’s get into this episode to find encouragement for our real lives right now.
If life is overwhelming right now, you’re in good company.
It is for many of us, but we don’t have to keep living that way. I believe we can choose differently.
Sadly, I’ve had much experience with living overwhelmed in my years. So much so, I’ve learned a way to diagnose it. I share this simple way in the episode, and it has to do with asking myself some questions when I begin to feel stressed, overwhelmed, or out of sorts. I ask myself questions such as: What’s causing me to feel this way? Why am I stressed, or overwhelmed, or feeling out of sorts? What’s creating these overwhelming feelings?
Then I try to dig a bit deeper to find the cause by narrowing my questions down a little farther.
- Is it what’s going on around me? (My environment, the world, people around me?)
- Is it what’s going on in me? (Internal agitation, sin, not using my time/resources wisely?
- Have I said yes to too much? (Taking on more than I’m called to do?)
- Is my schedule too full? (Does something need to go?)
- Why am I not filled with peace? (Pray, ask God)
If we’re feeling overwhelmed and stressed, it’s an indication something needs to change.
I suggest asking God.
The thing is, God will show us what to do or what change needs to be made when we ask. He won’t leave us to figure it out on our own. God will guide us to the answer. And when the answer comes, we can trust Him to help us many any changes and that He will give us His peace again.
When life is overwhelming, will we choose to remain overwhelmed or will we choose to invite in God’s peace? It may not be easy to change the way we’re living, but I believe we can do it with His help.
Click on the player above to listen to the full 14-minute episode.
Links in this episode:
- Isaiah 26:3 VOICE
- 5 Ways to Stop Living Overwhelmed printable on my Resources page
- Encouragement for Real Life Community Facebook group
- Access my Free Resources (printables, lock screens, social posts, and all the fun stuff) to encourage your heart