Ahhh. It’s Saturday. Do you love Saturdays as much as I do?
How was your week, friend? What were the highlights? Anything new? What did you learn?
Lately I’ve found one week seems to run into the next. Sometimes I get too scattered and forget to take time to appreciate and reflect on the gifts of the week, especially what I’ve learned, the lessons I’ve gleaned, what God has taught me.
But not today.
The Top Five What I Learned This Week:
1. THE THINGS WE DO FOR LOVE. Like baking my son’s favorite chocolate chip bars at 9:30 p.m. last night for his show choir choreography camp today, when it would have been much simpler to just go purchase something at the local grocery store. But because he asked me to make them, you better believe I did.
2. GOD USES DIFFICULT CIRCUMSTANCES AND PEOPLE TO GROW US. It was a challenging week on a number of levels. By Friday I came to the realization the challenges weren’t there to discourage me, but were there to grow me. Lesson: Even when we don’t understand why the challenges in life are there, instead of becoming bitter, we can become better. We can choose to be taught by and through them.
3. I NEED MORE REST. I tried skimping by on 6+ hours of sleep each night. I’m reminded today I can’t do that anymore. I’m tired, my right eye is twitching (which is a sure sign of lack of sleep), and I am not my cheery, motivated self. Lesson learned (again).
4. MAKING CHANGES IN MY EXERCISE AND EATING ARE STARTING TO PAY OFF. My friend Holly inspired me a few weeks ago through one of her blog posts to make my health a priority again. It was a slow start, but this week I’m finally seeing some results. And it feels good. Lesson: Don’t give up what you’re doing, even when you don’t see any immediately results. Thanks, Holly!
5. RETURNING TO MY ANNUAL BIBLE STUDY FELT LIKE I RETURNED TO MY COMFY SPOT. Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) started up this week. This is my 18th year being a part of this international, interdenominational Bible study. Returning made my heart swell with love for God, His Word, and the other 225+ women in attendance. I believe God is going to teach me some powerful things in the next 29 weeks, and I can’t wait. I simply cannot imagine my life without this study and without these women!
Deuteronomy 7:9 was this week’s memory verse.
You know, after reflecting on and recapping my week, I again am reminded I have so much to be thankful for.
I’d love to read what you learned this week. Please share below if you’re so inclined!
Wishing you a beautiful Saturday!