My friend Jill did a post like this on her blog the other day. I knew some of the things she shared about herself, and I learned a few things about her that I didn’t know! I appreciate Jill…she loves donuts like I do! 🙂 I’m copying Jill’s idea…and here’s my attempt at it…
1. I used to love to cross-stitch! That hobby flew out the window once we began our family. 🙂
2. I played in all sports my high school offered for girls…track, softball, volleyball and basketball, and earned a varsity letter in all of them.
3. I went on to play basketball in college.
4. I still hold the record at my high school for the most sit-ups done in 1 minute…74!
5. I hate to admit it, but I was a rebellious teenager, and did my share of things my parents wouldn’t be proud of. (I won’t go into any detail!)
6. I have traveled in/to 30 of our 50 states and in two providences in Canada.
7. I have lived in 9 homes throughout my 40 years…in 5 towns/cities.
8. I love to sing! I sing for weddings, in our worship group at church, and was once in a Christian rock band!
9. In high school I was part of a KISS airband for our English class…face paint and all! Remember the band KISS? I was Paul Stanley…the one with the black star around his eye. I have video of it for proof…very painful, but hilarious to watch! (This is on the opposite side of the spectrum from my Christian rock band days in #8!)
10. Favorite music?? 80’s of course! I still listen to it when I can…takes me back to the “good ol’ days!”
11. Donuts and chocolate chip cookies or bars are my all-time favorite treats! They can be deadly for me! I’m embarrassed to admit I have eaten 8 Krispy Kreme donuts at one sitting…only once though!
12. I’ve ridden on RAGBRAI! (Only one day though…three days after I purchased my bike. After riding that day, I thought I would never be able to sit down without pain ever again!)
13. There were 27 students in my high school graduating class!
14. I love Nacho Cheese Doritos!
15. My favorite thing to do is spend time with my extended family…our family and my brothers and their families!
16. I love to snow and water ski! My brother Marty taught me how to do both!
17. My favorite time of day is early morning! I’m usually up by 4:30 or 5:00 a.m. every day!
18. My biggest pet-peeve is receiving birthday presents in Christmas wrapping!
19. My name was supposed to be Margaret, but my mother broke the mold of the string of Margarets on her side of the family. She was named Margaret, her mother was, her grandmother was and her great-grandmother was.
20. I am a terrible artist…my children say my cows look like pigs and my pigs look like cats! I’m much better at stick people and animals!
21. On average I use 19 different products to take care of my skin and get my “game face” on each day. I use 9 each night. WOW…a little high maintenance?? Or trying to fight the aging process??
22. I cringe when I hear the Lord’s name used inappropriately.
23. I love playing skee-ball, even though I’m not that great at it! At carnivals, fairs, amusement parks or at Chuck E. Cheese, my family knows they can find me in the skee-ball area playing!
24. One of my favorite things is the refreshing smell and feeling of clean sheets on the bed! It takes me back to my childhood days of when mom would wash our sheets and hang them outside on the clothesline to dry! How great they would smell and feel crawling into them that night!
25. I became a Christian in 1991, the week before I met Bill, and have cherished my walk with the Lord ever since!
I encourage you to write down 25 interesting things about YOU! It’s fun to quiz the people in your life to see if they know them! My family had a few laughs when I shared mine with them…we need to break out the KISS video again to add to the laughs! 🙂
Looking for more?
Enter your email to instantly access my FREE RESOURCES - exclusively for my readers!
Your information is safe with me and will never be shared.