This is such great treat for your feet, I’m stealing it from my Live Laugh Linger blog. Why not pamper your tootsies this weekend with this easy, at-home pedicure?! Enjoy!
Take a moment to glance down at your feet.
Summer is a perfect time to show off those tootsies! However, dry, dead skin and cracked heels aren’t so wonderful to show, are they?
If your feet are screaming that it’s time for a fresh pedicure, but you don’t care to pay the price or don’t like having someone else touch your feet, here’s a great at-home pedicure recipe!
It softens your skin and removes the dead, dry stuff. It also helps remove any yellowish stains on toenails from past nail polish.
And what I like the most?? It makes your feet feel “tingly” afterwards!
At-Home Pedicure Recipe
What you’ll need:
- Basin or bowl
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 2 cups original Listerine or a generic brand (It’s an amber color. I’ve used the citrus one too. Stay away from purple or blue, as it can stain your skin and nails.)
- 1/2 cup warm water (I like my water hot.)
- Nail polish remover if needed
- Pumice stone or brush
- Nail polish, base coat, top coat, foot lotion (optional)
- Remove any nail polish.
- Pour and mix vinegar, Listerine and water into a basin or bowl.
- Let your feet soak in solution for 15-20 minutes only. Relax.
- Towel dry feet well. You’ll notice the dead skin coming off easily.
- Use a pumice stone or scrub with towel on the rough spots.
- Apply a base coat to toenails.
- Apply color.
- Apply top coat.
- Apply lotion.
A perfect summer pedicure!
Get posts delivered to your inbox!
Your information is safe with me and will never be shared.