Spring. It’s one of my favorite seasons. I can’t believe, however, that spring 2019 is slipping past us. How can it be June 12 already? Shouldn’t it be about April 1? Summer will officially be here next week. That seems impossible, but yes, that’s what the calendar says.
My parents were correct in their statement that time goes faster as we get older. I’m not sure how or why it works that way, but I’m finding that to carry all sorts of truth.
Spring 2019 has been another full, adventurous season for me and for our family.
Real life in our corner of the world continues to point to my #oneword for this year, REVIVE.
- Our son graduated from Upper Iowa University with honors in May.
- Our daughter turned 25 while she and her husband traveled to Colorado for a few days the end of May.
- She and I held two more fun BYOB and B (Bring Your Own Bible and Beverage) events this spring, Burned-out on Busy and It’s All Going to Be Okay.
- I accepted a new position in Bible Study Fellowship as the Substitute Teaching Leader for our class. I’ve spent hours preparing for training and being trained. This position will undoubtedly challenge me. I trust God will give me what I need to serve Him and our class well. (Gulp.)
- Between the spring rains, my husband and I have been attempting to train for bicycle season on our tandem. It’s been a challenge this year because of the rainy and cooler weather, not to mention the physical pain that has presented itself near my tailbone. Despite these obstacles, we feel good about what we’ve done in preparing for our first big ride next week. It may not be perfect or pretty, but with God’s help, it’ll all be okay.
- Sadly, I’m losing my main job at the end of this month, so I’ve spent some of spring 2019 searching for what God might have for me next. I’m listening for His still, small voice and keeping my eyes open for opportunities. (Let me know if you know of any!)
Life is always an adventure, isn’t it?
If we’ve lived a handful of days, we know life is full of ups and downs, twists and turns. It’s full of joyful moments, as well as difficult times. The day I embraced this life as an adventure was the day my perspective changed.
Real life is not going to be perfect, but it will be good. Real life is not going to go as I plan, but it will go according to God’s plans. Day in and day out, I can trust God is in control and He has me right where He wants me. I cling to this verse often:
Where you are right now is God’s place for you. Live and obey and love and believe right there.1 Corinthians 7:17 The Message
I’m glad He’s with me on this exciting adventure called life.
Friend, He’s with you, too.
As spring 2019 transitions to summer, I look forward to where God leads me, how He teaches me, and how He will grow me. I excitedly await special times with my husband on (and off) our tandem in the days to come. I anticipate fun times with our kids in the summer months ahead. And, I look forward to seeing where God takes me in a career and in His ministry.
Now it’s your turn. Tell me, what’s been going in in your corner of the world this season? Where have you seen God at work in spring 2019? What are you looking forward to with summer’s arrival?
Thanks for stopping in, friend. You are a gift to me.
Looking for more?
Enter your email to instantly access my FREE RESOURCES - exclusively for my readers!
Your information is safe with me and will never be shared.