You’re on the go. You’re chief cook and bottle washer. You’re trying to keep everything going and everyone happy. Some days there’s more on your to-do list than hours to do them. Keeping your head above water feels like the biggest accomplishment on these kinds of full days.
Deadlines, responsibilities, activities, work, home, school. Yes, life is full, and you have lots going on.
Life can become overloaded and overwhelming. We are diligent in taking care of others, but we forget to take care of ourselves.
Soon, it catches up with us. We become weary and empty, with nothing else to give, and life becomes one big hassle.
I know, because I’ve been there. Many times.
In yesterday’s post, we talked about the importance of loving ourselves by taking care of ourselves… “Filling ourselves back up.”
With the help of a few others, below are practical ways to take care of you, to renew your outlook, to replenish your wearied soul, and to fill yourself back up.
20 Ways To Replenish A Wearied Soul
1. Take a walk in the country. Breathe in the fresh air.
2. Absorbing nature’s sights and sounds, fills Kim, my online friend.
3. Spend time in God’s Word or curl up with a good book.
4. Give yourself a new look…a new hairstyle, new makeup colors, or give yourself a facial.
5. Treat yourself to a manicure or a pedicure, or give yourself one at home.
6. Go for a relaxing bike ride.
7. Go to a park, and enjoy a picnic lunch.
8. Listen to your favorite music – from my husband.
9. Have coffee or lunch with a friend.
10. Spend a night or two alone in your favorite hotel. Take things with you that you enjoy. (This is one of my ALL-TIME favorite things to do! I take my Bible, my favorite snacks, and do my nails. This is a total getaway for me!)
11. Wear a special outfit.
12. Make your favorite meal (if you enjoy cooking).
13. Exercise (if you enjoy exercising).
14. Go to a special coffee house and enjoy the atmosphere (if you like coffee).
15. Forget the clock. Don’t rush. Enjoy the moment.
16. Take a nap or watch your favorite t.v. show – from my daughter.
17. Drink an extra glass of water for good measure.
18. Enjoy an extended bubble bath.
19. Sit and do nothing.
20. Visit a pumpkin patch or apple orchard.
Filling yourself back up, and refreshing your wearied soul is something only you can do.
Chances are, it’s long overdo.
Choose one of these to do today. Encourage another to do the same. I’d love to read what you did to take care of you, or how you plan to do it soon.
(By the way, my day of farming yesterday didn’t happen. Life happened, instead. Today, I’m taking a drive with another brother “up north.” That will be my time of refreshment, and I hope to capture autumn in it’s splendor with my camera!)
Bless you as you take time for you!
Looking for more?
Enter your email to instantly access my FREE RESOURCES - exclusively for my readers!
Your information is safe with me and will never be shared.