On our Woman to Woman Wednesdays we’ve been studying the example God has set before us of the woman of Proverbs 31. I imagine you’ve been challenged, and maybe even a little convicted as I have. I pray we’ve been encouraged as well.
Today we wrap up this study. Proverbs 31:30-31 in The Voice translation:
Charm can be deceptive and physical beauty will not last, but a woman who reveres the Eternal should be praised above all others.
Celebrate all she has achieved. Let all her accomplishments publicly praise her.
I’m particularly drawn to: A woman who reveres the Eternal should be praised above all others.
What does it mean to revere God? To exalt, honor, respect, adore, worship Him.
Friend, how well do you and I do this?
As sad as it is, I’ve been known to be concerned more about physical beauty and outward attention than revering Him.
- Instead of making sure I’m having a good hair day, I should be making sure I’m having a good God day (from spending time with Him).
- Instead of being concerned about my makeup, I should be more concerned about the fruits of the spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control).
- Instead of putting a priority on how my body looks, I should be making a bigger priority how my heart looks to God.
- Instead of looking for personal praise, I should be looking for ways to praise Him.
I cannot see where the Proverbs 31 woman ever draws attention to herself. Nothing is mentioned of her beauty, her physical characteristics, or her outward appearance. It seems as if those things are of little importance.
So, why do I make them a big deal?
What I do see is how she lives her life to honor God. In all she does. As wife, as mother, as business woman, as woman in her community, as giver to the poor. She trusts God for today and tomorrow. She is obedient and respectful to the One Whom has given her life and Whom has blessed her.
What if you and I intentionally lived this way?
- Seeking and honoring God in every area of our lives.
- Trusting God for today and tomorrow.
- Obeying, respecting, and thanking God in everything.
When we do, verse 31 will be a reality in our lives. We will experience and celebrate achievements and accomplishments of eternal significance. Imagine the celebration in eternity!
I pray you are encouraged today! Thank you for journeying with me these weeks as we’ve studied Proverbs 31 together!
God bless you!
(Next week’s Woman to Woman Wednesday may look a little different as I’ll be posting from RAGBRAI, a week-long bicycle ride across Iowa. Stay tuned!)
Get posts delivered to your inbox!
Your information is safe with me and will never be shared.