To the three I’m blessed to call my family – Bill, Alissa & Zach:
I owe you three an apology. We’ve already talked about this, but I didn’t write you a note for August. I had good intentions, but with all life threw at us, I just couldn’t do it. That’s no excuse, I know. However, I was glad to find out you enjoy reading these as much as I enjoy writing them to you. I pray some day you’ll be able to look back and appreciate these even more than you do today.
And yet, it’s a bit hard to write September’s note to you. It’s hard for me to write it without tears and without bringing up painful emotions again. You already know September was a difficult month for our family. Labor Day weekend didn’t turn out the way we planned or hoped. Our hearts ached for a number of reasons, including helplessly watching Steve struggle in ICU. The decisions and actions of others affected us, and life felt more often than not, upside-down.
Yes, we might remember September 2016 as an awful month. But, if we choose to, we can also see how September was a good month, a month of blessing, and a month filled with God’s goodness…
- God heard and answered our prayers in numerous ways
- He continues to heal our hearts and comfort our sorrows
- God healed Steve to the point he was able to leave the hospital and return home
- Alissa moved home and we’re all under the same roof again
- Our family has bonded, and our ties together have strengthened
- Church has become a big part of our lives
- Zach has been blessed with wonderful job opportunities
- Alissa continues to be a light to her workplace, and now has the opportunity to save $$$
- Dad and I were able to continue biking
- God reminded us He’s never going to leave us
- We were also reminded when hard days come, we have Him and we have each other
- We continue to trust God has us in the palm of His hand, and He has plans that are good for our lives
- It’s good to forgive those who hurt us… and there’s freedom in doing so
- Life is sweeter with all of us around the dinner table and hanging out in the living room together
Goodness, I could keep going. It’s clear… the good in September outweighed the bad.
Bill, I thank you for being my rock, especially last month, and for picking me up when I fell apart those though days. Thank you for reminding me it was all going to be okay. And thank you for the little things you did to bless me… fixing what needed fixed, a latte in the morning, a hug right when I needed it, your unconditional love. I love you so very much. You continually make me smile, and I love being your wife!
Alissa, it’s a joy to have you home again. I know it’s probably not easy, but I applaud you for making decisions with your future in mind. You don’t just live for today, but have your eyes set before you. I watch how God continues to grow you and bless you, and I marvel at the wisdom He continues to give you. Continue to seek Him and to put Him first in your life. He’s got great things ahead. You’re a gift to me, Lissy Lou, and I am so, so proud of you. I love you, Hon!
Zach, you’re doing amazing things, and I’m so very proud of you. You continue to make great choices that serve you well, and you’re surrounding yourself with people who build you up and who are good influences in your life. God has a bright future for you, and all you need to do is to keep your eyes on Him. I tell people often there’s no young man like you out there, as God made you incredibly special. Continue to use the gifts He’s given you to bless others. I love you, Bud!
I’m humbled, grateful, and in awe of God’s presence in our lives. I continue to pray for us as a family and individually. May God draw us all close to Him, and may He guide us and protect us in every way this month. I look forward to making wonderful memories with you and sharing many laughs and smiles. Being your wife and momma is the greatest gift I could ever ask for.
I love doing life with you!
I love you!
Mom & Julie
Looking for more?
Enter your email to instantly access my FREE RESOURCES - exclusively for my readers!
Your information is safe with me and will never be shared.