Simple acts of kindness.
We’ve been discussing them here lately.
What if we set out to be a blessing?? What if we intentionally tried to make another’s life better?? What if we made it our mission to impact the lives of others by simple acts of kindness??
Could we do it? Could we really make a difference in this world?? Could we really bless others by doing so??
I believe the answer is YES!
To get us started, below are 52 Simple Acts Of Kindness.
What one thing can you do today? What simple act have you done recently to bless another? Please add to this list in the comments below.
2. Say “thank you.”
3. Give a hug.
4. Hold the door open for the next person.
5. Offer to help.
6. Introduce yourself.
8. Pick up after yourself.
9. Make someone’s favorite dessert.
10. Treat another to a cup of coffee or tea.
11. Babysit your neighbor’s child(ren).
12. Volunteer at a soup kitchen.
13. Send an encouraging card to brighten another’s day.
14. Send an uplifting text for no particular reason.
15. Say “I love you.”
16. Write a handwritten note of support.
17. Give a sincere compliment.
18. Rejoice in good news with another.
19. Write a friendly note on a friend’s Facebook wall.
20. Send flowers or cookies.
21. Make and send a homemade birthday card.
22. Do one of your spouse’s or sibling’s chores.
23. Make another’s favorite meal.
24. Hold hands.
25. Let another go ahead of you in line.
26. Tell your spouse or child why you are proud of him/her.
27. Give a ride to someone who needs one.
28. Pay for another’s meal.
29. Allow someone else to have the closer parking spot.
30. Get a shopping cart for another before you get your own.
31. Invite someone over for dinner.
32. Invite someone to church.
33. Wash a friend’s car.
34. Give your best.
35. Purchase bag of groceries for someone in need.
36. Pay for someone’s stay in a homeless shelter.
37. Donate new coloring books and crayons to a local pediatric hospital.
38. Pay for the person’s order behind you in the drive-thru lane.
39. Send a thank you note to the brave men and women at your local police station and/or fire station.
40. Pick up trash at the park or playground.
41. Become an organ donor (and tell your family and friends).
42. Put a post-it note on the mirror in a public restroom that reads, “You’re beautiful,” or “You’re amazing.”
43. Give people the benefit of the doubt.
44. Forgive someone, even without an apology.
45. Load extra change in the vending machine so the next person can have a treat on you.
46. Volunteer to read to children at the library or after-school program.
47. Bless your spouse or your child with breakfast in bed.
48. Pay the toll for the car behind you.
49. Mow your neighbor’s yard.
50. Strike of a conversation with someone who’s sitting alone at dinner or at a party.
51. On your birthday, give a shout-out to your mom.
52. Catch a fellow employee going above and beyond. Tell them thank you, and share with his/her supervisor.
Summing up: Be agreeable, be sympathetic, be loving, be compassionate, be humble. That goes for all of you, no exceptions. No retaliation. No sharp-tongued sarcasm. Instead, bless—that’s your job, to bless. You’ll be a blessing and also get a blessing. 1 Peter 3:8-9 (The Message)
Your simple acts of kindness might just be the blessing someone needs today.
Looking for more?
Enter your email to instantly access my FREE RESOURCES - exclusively for my readers!
Your information is safe with me and will never be shared.