So I give you a new command: Love each other deeply and fully. Remember the ways that I have loved you, and demonstrate your love for others in those same ways. Everyone will know you as My followers if you demonstrate your love to others. John 13:34-35
It’s not only a part of this blog, but it’s what God prompts us to do. And not only on Valentine’s Day, either.
Can we love enough to make a difference? I believe we can. How much love can we spread today? Below are some suggestions. Feel free to add your own!
50 Ways To Love Others
- Give a hug.
- Hold the door open for someone.
- Open the car door for someone special.
- Bake a homemade treat for someone.
- Pay for the bill of the person behind you in the drive-thru lane.
- Dedicate a song to someone.
- Write a loving note.
- Pray for someone.
- Send a text saying, “You are loved.”
- Encourage someone with your words.
- Do something totally unexpected for someone.
- Hold hands.
- Wash your spouse’s car.
- Bring home chocolate.
- Send an encouraging email.
- Send flowers.
- Do something kind for a neighbor.
- Make dinner for an elderly friend.
- Host a cookie decorating party for the neighborhood kids.
- Send an uplifting card in the mail.
- Really listen to the person you are with.
- Make a handwritten card.
- Write a love note to your child.
- Say thank you.
- Strike up a conversation with someone you’ve never talked to before.
- Look people in the eye.
- Extend a compliment.
- Make someone laugh.
- Bless someone with the gift of your time.
- Make chocolate chip cookies to give away. (Who doesn’t love those??)
- Do your sibling’s chores for him/her.
- Complete a task your spouse has asked you to do.
- Speak uplifting words.
- Call a friend out of the blue.
- Wish someone a great day.
- Pray with someone.
- Purchase a special gift.
- Bring home flowers.
- Let someone else take the close-to-the-door parking spot.
- Give anonymously.
- Help a single parent.
- Plug someone’s parking meter.
- Pay for the dinner of the family next to you in the restaurant.
- Write a former teacher and share how they impacted your life.
- Take a struggling friend out for dinner.
- Invite a friend to church.
- Give someone a Bible who doesn’t have one.
- Do something without being asked.
- Tell a co-worker how much you appreciate him/her.
There are so many ways to show love!
Add yours to the list below.
May we be known for our love!
Looking for more?
Enter your email to instantly access my FREE RESOURCES - exclusively for my readers!
Your information is safe with me and will never be shared.
I love this list! The smallest act of kindness shows love…and many of the things you listed take very little effort and costs nothing. But, even the ones that do, always seem to be as rewarding(if not more) to the one showing love, as it is for the one receiving. Love seems to have that effect. Thanks for sharing these wonderful ideas!!
Thank you, Ann. Oftentimes I write these lists for me, and with this one, I wanted to be more intentional about loving others. I agree with you, sometimes the one who’s rewarded most is the one showing the love. I appreciate your presence here. God bless your week!
LOVE, love, love this list, Julie! God has been working on me lately to show my love more to everyone. Yesterday when my husband took me out for a Valentine’s dinner, I brought along a little heart of chocolates and gave it to our waitress when she brought our check. Just a simple little thing. Her response was one of utter surprise and delight. She asked if she could hug me. I was so humbled, thinking it was really nothing for me to do that. But it meant so much to her. I’m going to print out this post and work to intentionally do things for others to shine God’s light and love wherever I go. An encouraging post, friend! Thank you. xoxo
Hi Sabra! Thank you, friend. What a beautiful way you showed love to your waitress on Valentine’s. What a great example for me to follow! I want to do this on an ordinary day. Thank you for the idea. I want to intentionally show love to others better, and so the list was created. Glad you and I can do this together. Bless you!
These are all so practical and can be used any day! Thank you for sharing at The Weekend Brew!
Thank you, Barbie. It’s always a joy to link up with you. Hope your week is going great, friend!
Beautiful list, Julie. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you for stopping by! Blessings!
I really love this list..
Thank you. I need to revisit this often.